The Plastic Ground Sleeve works with all Household Essentials clotheslines!
This replacement part should be installed into the concrete when your set your dryer initially. Using the ground sleeve makes it easier to take down your umbrella and parallel outdoor dryer during winter or bad weather. The ground sleeve is made of strudy plastic and includes a cap. The cap prevents ice from forming inside the sleeve when the center post is not in position (less mess in winter!).
DISCLAIMER: The ground sleeve will not support an outdoor umbrella or parallel dryer if installed into the ground alone. It should be installed into concrete.
Width: 1.5 in.
Height: 11 in.
This product is fully guaranteed and covered by a 1-Year Manufacturers Warranty
- Dig a hole 8-12 inches in diameter and 20 inches deep that is wide at the bottom than at the top.
- Fill the hole with about 3 inches of small rocks, then pour about 6 inches of concrete into the hole (or until concrete comes to the bottom of the ground sleeve when held flush with the ground).
- Holding the sleeve in place, finish filling the hole with concrete (you may leave a small gap to fill in with dirt and grass if you wish).
- Immediately run a stick or tube through the sleeve and through the concrete to the rock base to allow water to drain.
- Insert the lower vertical pole of the dryer into the sleeve, then use a level to align the pole vertically.
- Remove pole and allow concrete to set fully, then install your dryer.